Wednesday, May 19, 2004

An update on my previous blog:

As I was walking home from the internet club with my spoils from the kindergarden, the old baba (grandmother) who always asks me, "Where?" (That's all. I don't know if it is "Where are you going?" or "Where have you been?" or even "Where is your husband? You shouldn't be here by yourself.") saw me coming down the center. This is the translated version of our conversation:

Baba: Is that our girl? I thought so. But she was carrying flowers. Such beautiful flowers!
Me: Yes, it is me. I got them at the kindergarden.
Baba: They are beautiful!
Me: Yes, they are very beautiful. (I smell the flowers). They smell beautiful!
Baba: (smelling the flowers.) They smell beautiful!
Me: Yes, they do.
Baba: Such beautiful flowers!

And that was our conversation. She really is a cute little baba.

No comments: